The vegan lifestyle went mainstream in early 2018, but for many Londoners, vegan food and the quest of how to go vegan has been a dominant pursuit for years. Londoners desperately look for vegan recipes and vegan restaurants to satisfy their hunger.
The clean wellness narrative around ‘plant-eating’ is nothing but an eminence front. Vegan food is so much more than just chickpeas and pita. Vegan diets have a vast array of delectable and nutritious dishes prepared with rare and flavourful ingredients.
Today, we bring you 8 places to enjoy vegan food in London. Have you got remote work or are you working from home?
We’ve got restaurants that deliver their vegan signature dishes to your home office and offer you to dine-in too!
It’s the first Michelin-starred vegan establishment that’s also an ideal spot to hold a successful business meeting or come with your family due to its top-class vegan fine-dining.
Event rooms for hire like the Whole House (for up to 50 persons), Le Grand Salon (for 20-40 persons), Le Petite Salon (for 12-26 persons), games room (for up to 20 persons), and hidden room (for up to 12 persons) provides the perfect private dining experience for parties.
- Autumn Truffle Tortellini
- Plum Opaline
- Tempeh & Corn
- A Jar of Faux Gras
21 Romilly Street, Soho, London W1D 5AF, UK
Wild Food Café, Islington
Known as a highly instagrammable café with floor-to-ceiling windows and plant walls, this vegan restaurant is airy, light, and has a very homely feeling.
The joint mainly focuses on sustainability, simplicity, and wellness. The menu is very simplistic and straightforward, such as a pizza from the clay oven. Every vegan dish that you order at Wild Food Café is well-balanced, delicious, and imaginative; we kid you not!
- In-house Vegan Five-Course Dinner
- Rainbow Cheesecake
- Falafel-waffle with sweet chilli sauce
- Sprouted Lentil Hummus with Pita bread
269 – 270 Upper St, Islington, London N1 2UQ, UK
A ‘no blood, no bones’ food joint that serves delectable Laotian and Thai food worth smacking your lips after you’ve devoured every morsel in your plate.
It’s a low-key restaurant under a railway arch in London Fields that serves some of the best vegan food you’ll ever eat in London. The restaurant also serves vegan British and Jamaican classics like Full English, saltfish & ackee, ‘chicken’ pie, and jerk ‘chicken’.
- House Pad Thai & Jungle Curry Bowls
- The Hard Bowl- dumplings with steamed plantain
- Ackee and Scotch Bonnet Sauce
Arch 358 Westgate St, London E8 3RN, UK
Deemed a classic already, this Swiss vegan restaurant has dishes that bring vegetables to life. 80% of the menu is top-notch vegan or plant-based food which is presented on a “food-boat” or a buffet with extensive cold & hot dishes.
The seating and interiors make you feel like you’ve been catapulted to 19th century Switzerland with their cobbled streets.
- Dried Green Bean with Walnut Salad
- Homemade Bircher Muesli
- Black Forest Vegan Cheesecake
12-14 Heddon St, Mayfair, London W1B 4DA
Cool interiors, wonderful food on offer, and the best location in leafy Notting Hill make Farmacy a hotspot for the city’s trendiest veggies and vegans. A fine menu of nourishing and healthy dishes that taste mighty delicious, adds a cherry on top!
The only place on this list to offer cocktails with added Cannabidiol (CBD) for medicinal benefits. This place serves food that is 100 % organic, and the food contains no refined sugars, additives or chemicals.
- The Mexican Bowl with sour cream
- Vegan Millet Burger with black beans and mushrooms
- Sweet Potato Falafel Starter
74 Westbourne Grove, London W2
Temple of Seitan
The temple-like vegan fast-food joint has queues around the block and a loyal customer following which is accredited to their irresistible food. Their vegan fried “chicken” is made with seitan (wheat gluten) and is finger-licking good.
Heaven for vegan fast-food lovers that serve burgers flavoured from plain-mayo, spicy to very hot Nashville sauces. Other tasty dishes on the menu include an amazing mix of wraps, seitan wings, popcorn bites and sides.
- Deep-Fried Seitan
- Creamy, Tangy mac ‘n’ cheese
- Gluten-free “chicken” (seitan) popcorn
- 10 Morning Lane, London E9
- 103a Camley Street, N1C 4PF
What Makes It So Special?
Did you just remember this fancy fast-food joint on Commercial Street that sells vegan burgers, tacos, and hot dogs? If yes, then there’s a long menu of quick comfort food that this entirely plant-based diner offers!
Will you regret paying £50 for dinner for two with a counter service? Probably, yes. Will the amazing vegan food and desserts make up for it? Absolutely!
- Seitan Shawarma with green tahini sauce
- Yucatan Street Bowl
- Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
144 Commercial Street E1, Shoreditch
The father of fancy vegan and vegetarian food in London, The Gate, is perfect for parties and gatherings with its drool-worthy vegan menu. With Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna being big fans, this place can seduce even the most hardened carnivores with their food.
The modern Indo-Iraqi Jewish-inspired cuisine has a menu that is 90% plant-based and made ideally for vegans. The celebrity chef Ken Hom has developed a special vegan menu for his restaurant which features five courses and wine pairing for a reasonable price of £50 per person.
- Pea & Broad Bean Arancini
- Artichoke Terrine
- Mediterranean Tart
- Aubergine Schnitzel with cashew cheese and pesto
- Courgette Flower filled with Ricotta
St John’s Wood, Islington, and Hammersmith
Give Veganism A Chance
Are you ready to go vegan now? With an eclectic mix of flavourful, savoury, and rare ingredients vegan food is irresistible as it can offer something for any taste. Most of these dishes are healthy, pleasing to the taste buds, wholesome, and available within your city – London!
Give veganism and these vegan dishes a try, after all, they have all the essential nutrients that your body needs with the goodness of plants, reducing animal cruelty, food waste and environmental pollution.
Many restaurants now offer vegan and vegetarian options even though they may not be strictly cutting out animal products. Find more popular restaurants in London to take your friends, family or clients to in this London restaurant guide.
- Blogger and Educator by Passion | Senior Online Media & PR Strategist at ClickDo Ltd. | Contributor to many Education, Business & Lifestyle Blogs in the United Kingdom & Germany | Summer Course Student at the London School of Journalism and Course Instructor at the SeekaHost University.
- Solutions2021.07.264 Important Reasons to Never Neglect Your MOT Test
- Employment2021.07.26Improve your Home Office & Health with an Ergonomic Home Office Desk
- Business Innovation News2021.07.20Press Release: Central London Highstreets are suffering the most post Lockdown as spending is down by One Third by 19h July 2021
- Business2021.07.134 Most Profitable Businesses to Start in London