Four seasoned broadcast professionals have joined forces to tackle the growing problem of poor presentations and gobbledygook in corporate life.
They have come together in The Edge Consultancy which has been relaunched today as a world-class training business in how to deliver motivational and inspiring presentations and speeches.
Founder of The Edge, ex-BBC Head of News and Current Affairs, Atholl Duncan said:
“We all share a passion for tackling the epidemic of poor presentations in businesses across the land.
“Never before has so much ineffective talk been spouted by leaders at all levels. Never before has it been more important for tech leaders to become genuinely inspiring as businesses face an unprecedented volume and pace of change.”
According to the State of Business Communications 2023 report, 38% of business leaders note the financial impact of poor communications, while the Communications Statistics Report 2023 highlights poor business communication as a reason for poor customer experience (30%), lost customers to competitors (12%) and lost employees (10%).
A recent report from Axios HQ, which surveyed 540 business leaders and over a thousand employees, places the cost of ineffective communication close to $2 trillion annually in the US alone.
Atholl Duncan is being joined in The Edge Consultancy by:
- Zara Janjua, is an award-winning broadcaster, comedian, actor, and newspaper columnist.
- Ex-BBC political correspondent Tim Reid – who now leads an award-winning PR, crisis communications and media training business.
- Former BBC Football Commentator and sports journalist, Neil Henderson, who is now a leading Communications Director, is based in Zurich.
The Edge has been providing training and coaching on presentation and speechmaking over the past three years, but this expansion marks a growing demand from the corporate world.
Atholl Duncan, who also authored the book “Leaders in Lockdown” in 2020 about business chiefs leading the corporate world’s fight against Covid-19, added:
“One of our most popular pieces of work is the ‘Seven Secrets of Inspiring Presentation’.
“It has hit the mark with many senior leaders as a way of helping them put in place a methodology which allows them to step up a level in their own personal impact and how they land their messages with their people.”
“For too long, the art of a good presentation has been neglected in the armoury of training in the corporate world. We are passionate about helping leaders to move from transmit to inspire.”
The Edge also helps businesspeople deal with anxiety which often goes hand in hand with public speaking. The Edge coaches believe that the business community needs to face up to the stress and strain that people are under in this area and give them help.
You can find more details of the courses and training packages which The Edge offers, here: www.the-edgeconsultancy.com
For more tech news head to our technology section.
- Always on the chase after hot and trending London and UK business news that disrupt, inform and inspire.
- Business Innovation NewsNovember 20, 2023Acclaimed London Influencer Agency Pepper Hires Strategic Lead For Next Stage Of Growth
- Business Innovation NewsNovember 13, 2023The Treatment Rooms London opens Doors to new Putney Hair Restoration Clinic
- OffersNovember 9, 2023Get London & Business Web Hosting for your Website at Half Price with SeekaHost!
- BusinessNovember 8, 2023The Growing Influence of the Interactive Gaming Industry on London’s Economy