Despite the pandemic turning our lives on our heads, we have navigated our way through the new normal and changed our ways of interacting with each other. The gradual unlock phase is underway, and we couldn’t be happier! Eating joints have started to open up, and because of better social distancing between people, outdoor dining has become the way to go. Plus, any excuse is a good excuse to enjoy the spring sun!
So if you are interested in getting a taste of life (and the food and drinks, of course!) you once had until Covid-19 hit us, you can visit the reopened outdoor dining restaurants, bars, and pop-ups in Canary Wharf.
To save you the hassle of going through reviews and ratings before finding out the restaurant that best captures spring sunshine, we have made a list of the 15 best outdoor dining restaurants in Canary Wharf to guide you. So, book your table now!
Disclaimer: all information shared in this post was accurate at the time of publishing this post, but may be subject to change.
15 Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants In Canary Wharf
1. La Terraza At Ibérica
- Address: Cabot Square, London E14 4QQ, United Kingdom
- Contact: 0203 026 5118
- Reservations & Menu: ibericarestaurants.com
📌 Wednesday 10th August 6pm – 8pm⁰
👉 La Terraza @ibericarestaurants⁰
🗺️ Canary Wharf, Cabot Square, London E14 4QQ⁰⁰
If you can’t make the 10th August event we’re holding one more Perfect Pour event on the 24th August. pic.twitter.com/xA158qDmt1
— Ibérica Restaurants (@Iberica_UK) August 9, 2022
If al-fresco dining is on your mind, La Terazza beside Ibérica is the place to be. It has an exclusive outdoor dining and drinking space, and yes, it has beautiful umbrellas that give authentic al-fresco dining vibes! If the sun isn’t nice to you, worry not. They have patio heaters. Their menu is an impressive spread of seafood, light and healthy seasonal salads, and traditional Spanish sandwiches to go with the host of cocktails they serve. Watch the world go by as you have a moment of relaxation amidst the chaos, with great food and drinks.
2. Plateau Restaurant, Bar & Grill
- Address: 4th Floor, Canada Place, London, E14 5ER
- Contact: 0207 715 7100
- Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.plateau-restaurant.co.uk/
Here’s to a long weekend! 🥂The sun is shining over Canary Wharf and where better to enjoy it than our panoramic restaurant pic.twitter.com/AN2kcD4FnM
— PlateauLondon (@Plateaulondon) June 2, 2022
Plateau is an ideal outdoor dining space if you enjoy the contemporary cityscape of London. Sitting atop Canada Place, this outdoor dining restaurant gives a futuristic spin to the décor, and that, combined with the excellent vantage point, makes for a cherish able experience. The highlights of this restaurant are the towering windows into the city! They have two outdoor terraces apart from the main restaurant and an informal Bar & Grill. Their menu features French classics paired with the best-tasting wines.
3. The Alchemist
- Address: Reuters Plaza, London E14 5AJ, United Kingdom
- Contact: 0203 794 0595
- Reservations & Menu: thealchemist.uk.com
View this post on Instagram
The Alchemist is a cocktail bar par excellence. They live up to their name, mastering the art of mixology to churn out some of the best cocktails you will ever have! They have elevated cocktails with their creative combinations, presentation skills, and the right amount of theatrics. But it’s not just their cocktails that will hook you, but their impressive spread of mouth-watering dishes. The all-day dining at the two-floor restaurant, which they call their den of molecular mixology, is nothing short of a magical experience!
4. Boisdale Of Canary Wharf
- Address: Upper Level 1, Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4QT
- Contact: 020 7715 5818
- Reservations: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.boisdale.co.uk
Their taste in music is approved by none other than Jools Holland, Boisdale’s Patron of Music. They have had the best in Jazz perform at their Jazz and Blues every night. So if you want the best Scottish seafood and fresh fish while humming to Mitch Winehouse sing live, head to Boisdale of Canary Wharf. They even offered exclusive virtual tasting & experiences during the national lockdown, so you don’t miss out!
5. Manhattan Grill
- Address: 22 Hertsmere Road, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4ED
- Contact: 208 517 2808
- Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.manhattangrill.co.uk/
We are Coming Back!#ManhattanGrill pic.twitter.com/Q2URIkNpmi
— Manhattan Grill (@manhattan_grill) January 11, 2023
“Great steaks… and that’s no bull!”—that’s what their website’s homepage reads, and we say, right on! Manhattan Grill overlooks the Canary Wharf quayside and is the downright king of steaks in the area. They have a new cut every month to tantalize your taste buds, and choosing among the abundance of options available is intimidating for sure. Executive Chef Damian Trejo expertly navigates through the wide range of steaks they offer—from the tender, wet-aged steaks from Creekstone Kansas to the grass-fed, dry-aged cuts like the Scottish Aberdeen Angus. So, when life is at “steak,” give Manhattan Grill ago.
6. The Grandstand Bar
- Address: Canada Square Park, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB
- Contact: 02075376565
- Inquiries: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.grandstandbar.co.uk/
7. Big Easy
- Address: Big Easy Canary Wharf, Park Level, Crossrail Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AR
- Contact: 02073524071
- Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.bigeasy.co.uk/
View this post on Instagram
The Canary Wharf outlet of Big Easy is the biggest one among all and is an oasis in the hustle and bustle of the city. It transports you to a 19th-century American Gulf Coast shack, complete with live music (yes, we are talking cowboy hats!), wooden decor elements, and a 150-seat al-fresco terrace. They bring you an authentic bar. b.q, lots of seafood including their signature fresh East Coast lobster and over 500 whiskies! Their menu also boasts a fine selection of rum, cocktails, and an award-winning wine list!
8. Humble Grape
- Address: 18 – 20 Mackenzie Walk, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4PH
- Contact: 020 3985 1330
- Inquiries: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.humblegrape.co.uk/
9. Café Brera
- Address: Cabot Square, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
- Contact: 02038280652
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.cafebrera.com/
10. No35 Mackenzie Walk
- Address: 29 – 35 Mackenzie Walk, Canary Wharf, London E14 4PH
- Contact: 020 8059 8881
- Reservations: email@example.com
- Website: https://no35mackenziewalk.co.uk/
View this post on Instagram
No35 Mackenzie Walk is a lively independent neighbourhood bar and restaurant. They offer seasonal serves à la sustainability—sustainable plates, scratch cooking, and sharing meals. Their Bottomless Brunch on the weekends beside the sun-drenched waterfront couldn’t get better. That includes free-flowing drinks and a DJ belting out your favourite tunes.
11. Sticks ‘n’ Sushi
- Address: 1 Crossrail Place, London E14 5AR
- Contact: 020 3141 8230
- Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://sticksnsushi.com/en
We are happy to share our new instagram account with dedicated news and information for all things Sticks’n’Sushi UK.
If you want to be the first to know about new menus, bookings and what’s on, please follow:https://t.co/anvCcOLeIj pic.twitter.com/W8v4AuTlpV
— Sticks’n’Sushi (@sticksnsushi_UK) March 16, 2021
Back in the day, Canary Wharf used to be the busiest harbours globally, and so life surrounding it was different. People in blue jumpsuits scurried around. Sticks ‘n’ Sushi pays homage to this life at Canary Wharf. You can see paintings by the immensely talented artist Mie Olise Kjærgaard, recreating the old dockyard atmosphere and pipes from those times across the ceiling. It is a trip through the history of Canary Wharf with high-class sushi, meat, grilled delicacies, and healthy salads.
12. Franco Manca
- Address: Unit CR35, Crossrail Station, 1 Crossrail Place, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AR
- Contact: 020 3026 8748
- Inquiries: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.francomanca.co.uk/
Just in case you have space for another Yorkshire pudding – you know where to find us 😉 pic.twitter.com/dLJDBwrVmk
— Franco Manca Pizza (@FrancoMancaPizz) December 28, 2022
A trip to Italy without stepping out of London is what best describes Franco Manca. Opened in 2008 by Giuseppe Mascoli, they have since become very popular for their sourdough pizza. They are as authentic as they get, with a minimum of 20-hour slow-risen sourdough pizza bases that are showered with love from organic tomatoes, homemade mozzarella cheese, and organic chorizo. Neapolitan pizzas as they should be!
13. Shake Shack
- Address: 40 Canada Square, London, E14 5FW
- Contact: 01923 555 182
- Website: shakeshack.co.uk
Cheers to 2023! Who’s kicking off the New Year with Shack?
IG Credit 📸: becca.james_ #shakeshackuk pic.twitter.com/wAm9GfATHB
— SHAKE SHACK UK (@shakeshackUK) January 1, 2023
Situated right in the middle of London’s docklands, with roots in NYC, the Shake Shack spices up Canary Wharf’s outdoor dining scene with their delicious spread of burgers, hot dogs, hand-spun shakes, chilled beer, wine, and more on the menu. Their contemporary “roadside” shack aesthetics add to their widespread appeal. Their motto is to Stand for Something Good®.
14. Electric Shuffle
- Address: 10 Cabot Square, N Colonnade, London E14 4EY, United Kingdom
- Contact: 0208 059 4163
- Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://electricshuffle.com/
Today’s the day you’ve been waiting for! Our Summer Terrace in Canary Wharf is back and better than ever! ☀️
Join us for cocktails, burgers and sunshine catch ups! We’ve well and truly got you covered this summer! 🍔🥂
Book your spot here 👉 https://t.co/quhiL2eooc pic.twitter.com/61t6BRfxY9
— Electric Shuffle (@EShuffleUK) May 9, 2022
Are you game? If you are, Electric Shuffle is where the game is. Even if you don’t know what shuffleboard is or how it works, you will fall in love with this restaurant. They offer delicious pizzas, bottomless brunches, cocktails, and other mouth-watering delicacies while enjoying a game of shuffleboard.
- Address: 4, Park Pavillion, 40 Canada Square, London E14 5FW, United Kingdom
- Contact: 20 7636 5228
- Reservations: sevenrooms.com, opentable.co.uk
- Website: rokarestaurant.com
For more trendy restaurants to take clients or guest out, have a look at these best Canary Wharf restaurants that are now also accessible indoors again thankfully.
If you want to get in touch with us about this post, please use this form:
- Blogger and Educator by Passion | Senior Online Media & PR Strategist at ClickDo Ltd. | Contributor to many Education, Business & Lifestyle Blogs in the United Kingdom & Germany | Summer Course Student at the London School of Journalism and Course Instructor at the SeekaHost University.
- Business2023.03.135 Tips for Creating an Effective Direct Mail Campaign
- Business2023.03.13Building the Future: How No Code is Changing the Game for Entrepreneurs
- Business Advice2023.03.10VPNs: Essential Software or Overhyped Asset?
- Business2023.03.09Protect Your Business By Focusing On These 4 Areas