- 8 ranking factors including affordability of housing, broadband speed, house price growth, green space, distance to the sea, transport infrastructure, school rankings and crime rates.
- To find the best areas for broadband speeds, over 265,000 speed tests were analysed.
- Over 49,000 school reports were analysed to find the areas for the best schools.
Cheadle Hulme is the best place for remote workers to relocate to, a study from Broadband Genie has found.
Data including house price, broadband speed, green space, distance to the sea, transport infrastructure, school rankings and crime rates were included in the study.
The village of 26,000 residents boasts direct connections to Manchester Piccadilly and Stoke-on-Trent. As well as broadband speeds of 130Mb, it benefits from low crime rates and is only a one-hour drive from popular seaside destinations such as Ainsdale or Wallasey Beach.
Cheadle Hulme’s property scene is on the rise and a purchase looks to be a safe investment. Over the past three years, average house prices have grown 19%.
Families are well looked after too. Hesketh, Bruntwood and South Park are all within two miles and over three-quarters (84%) of schools in the area are rated ‘outstanding’ or ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Post-pandemic, as priorities shifted, record numbers left the capital in search of a new lifestyle, but without forfeiting their London salaries.
Remote and hybrid working continues to be popular across the country, with 125,000 jobs currently advertised being classified as ‘remote’ or ‘hybrid’ and 98% of remote workers said they would like to continue working at least some of the time at home.
At the other end of the country, Fareham on the South Coast came second in the study. Following a trend in Southern areas including Eastleigh and Winchester. Residents are a stone’s throw away from the seaside locations of Lee-on-Solent and Meon Shore Beach and enjoy broadband speeds of 124Mb.
Alex Tofts, broadband expert at Broadband Genie, comments:
- Always on the chase after hot and trending London and UK business news that disrupt, inform and inspire.
- Business Innovation NewsSeptember 12, 2023Ground-breaking UK Waste Carbonisation Plant with zero toxic Emissions to eradicate Landfill & create sustainable Urban Living
- Business Innovation NewsSeptember 8, 2023Introducing the &Charge Value Platform for EV Drivers in the UK – Offering CPOs the Chance to enhance their Business
- Business SpotlightSeptember 6, 2023From London to New York: How Cities are Showing the Way to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Business Innovation NewsAugust 31, 2023Revealed: Cheadle Hulme best Place to relocate for Remote Workers in the UK