People and organizations with a track record of promoting equality and diversity in the engineering and technology sector are being urged to nominate ahead of the 2023 Engineering Talent Awards.
Partnered by prestigious organizations like Rolls-Royce, EngineeringUK, and the Royal Academy of Engineering, the ETAs is set to celebrate the diverse population in the industry.
The awards, being held at the Leonardo Royal London Bridge Hotel in September 2023, will recognize good practices and achievements from both individuals and organizations driving forward good work in diversity and inclusion across the indispensable sector.
And a call for nominations, ahead of the 2023 ceremony, was launched on National Engineering Day – a day set up to celebrate how engineers and engineering improve our lives while shaping our future.
Awards founder and EqualEngineers managing director Dr Mark McBride-Wright said:
“The awards aim to raise the profile of the engineering and technology professions across the UK and highlight diversity in engineering on a national platform. We are delighted that Rolls Royce is our principal supporting partner this year.
“Through showcasing role models and inspiring people, we can celebrate the diversity of organizations and engineers.
“We will shine a light on the individuals and organizations working to promote and diversify in the engineering and technology sector while acknowledging milestones in business, media, politics, and grassroots activism.”
Last year, Costain Group’s disability and wellbeing network was honored with the Overall Excellence in Engineering Award 2021 for their work to support people with Down’s Syndrome and autism in work and presenting to Crossrail and HS2 on neurodiversity, while also embedding inclusive design engineering standards into their processes and training.
There were 14 winners overall in 2022 from companies such as Dyson, Transport for London, and Heathrow, chosen from hundreds of nominations from a wide array of engineering organizations, industries, and geographical locations.
As mentioned, nominations and entries into the Engineering Talent Awards 2023 are now open and you can find out more about that while nominating any worthy recipients on their website.
A full list of award categories for the 2023 Engineering Talent Awards can be found below:
- Engineering Apprentice of the Year
- Engineering Graduate of the Year, supported by the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Engineering Student of the Year, supported by the Institution of Engineering & Technology
- Engineer of the Year, supported by Rolls-Royce SMR
- Engineering Returner of the Year
- Engineering Society of the Year, supported by RS Components Grass Roots
- Inclusion Programme of the Year, supported by ECITB
- Employee Network of the Year, supported by MBDA Systems
- Innovation of the Year
- Small-Medium Enterprise of the Year, supported by EngineeringUK
- Large Employer of the Year, supported by STEM Returners